Thursday, June 16, 2011

CSA Week 6 and Race Preview!

Whew- what a week! I feel like I've just caught up after a whirlwind weekend and the final week of school (YAY summer break!)

First up- the CSA! I'm getting bad at taking pictures, but really, how many times do you all want to see a bunch of kale?

Here's what came in this week's haul:

Tuesday, June 14 - Half Share
1 Bunch Green Kale - Certified Organic - Autumn Blend Organics
1 Bunch Collard Greens - Certified Organic - Sunrise Ridge Organics
1 Bunch Garlic Scapes - Certified Organic - Liberty Branch Farm
1 Head Flashy Troutsback Romaine Lettuce - Certified Organic - Riverview Organics
1 Bunch Scallions - Certified Organic - Sunrise Ridge Organics
2 Yellow Straightneck Squash - Certified Organic - Echo Valley Organics

I traded out the collard greens for extra scapes- they're so delish! Not to mention kinda crazy looking...

Even better- our Fruit Share started this week! Since it is early in the season, a large jar of organic apple sauce paired with a pound of rainier cherries made up our share.

Don't they look delicious?


This weekend, the boy and I did our second Tri together. I want to do a "race recap" like Caitlin does over at Healthy Tipping Point, but I am so glad I signed up this year! I wanted to bail back in March and I'm glad I didn't. Just for giggles- here's how stinking cute I look when I'm running (which is to say, not at all ha)

Have a wonderful rest of the week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback! But please, any derogatory, inappropriate, or just plain mean comments will be removed. Thanks!