Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wedding Wednesday- We go "shopping"!

I have a confession. I have not dreamed of my wedding since I was a little girl. I didn't dress up in my mom's dress and walk down the aisle with our neighbor (Steven "broccoli head"). Instead, we played house- and pretended to blow up the occasional Barbie.

No, the dress, the flowers, the venue were not on my mind. But one thing was...

The Registry.

How freaking awesome is it that you get to pick out all the super cute kitchen stuff you have always wanted and then have people buy you that exact same stuff!? Phenomenal I tell you. So you can imagine my excitement when the boy said to me last night, "want to go to the mall and register for some stuff?"

That my friends- was HALF the excitement I felt last night haha

Sadly, we realized today that registering isn't all scanner guns and daisies. It's hard! Mostly, because you are SO ready to go, and then a really nice lady makes you fill out paper work and gives you a 20 minute schpeal about what the program is all about. It's a bit of a buzz kill. But once we got through that (smiling and holding hands like good engaged couples should do!), we were lost. Where to start? What do we really need? And then the boy found out that a high end down comforter costs $700 and nearly chucked the scanner down the aisle of neatly folded color coordinated Idon'tknowwhatthreadcountmeans luxury towels.

After 20 more minutes, we had under 20 items on our list. We looked at each other and realized- we are SO much better at buying things online. Why? There are reviews! And comparable price lists! And I could Google what made one towel better than another! I should have known- I am a researcher when it comes to buying things. I browse the J Crew site before stepping into the store and know all the dresses carried at the LOFT by style name. Why would it be any different when trying to pick out knives, plates, and other lovely home things?

So here is where I need your help. I have come to the conclusion that I need to pick my "kitchen style" before setting forth. Right now, we have gorgeous cherry stained wood, dark granite counter tops, stainless hardware, and bright white walls. The main accent color is a apple to sage-y green, mostly because all my fabulous Marshall's finds come in that shade (you know how that goes!)


I think the shining star of every little girl's registry is the KitchenAid Mixer (even if she can't bake). And thus, I need your help picking out the color! {all photos courtesy of Macy's and KitchenAid}

Blue Willow (navy?)

Cobalt - has almost a purple hue?

Ice - paler in real life

Pistachio - a bit more green in person

Apple Green- a bit brighter in person
What do you think?? Right now, I'm leaning towards the blues- I just don't know which one! The idea of the Blue Willow is lovely, but will I EVER get it to look clean again?? Experienced ladies (and gents), chime in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback! But please, any derogatory, inappropriate, or just plain mean comments will be removed. Thanks!