Tuesday, June 21, 2011

CSA Week 7

Check me out- picking up my CSA share AND writing about it all in one day! Summer break day 2 has been good to me haha.

This week, the folks over at Lancaster Farm Fresh started to mix it up a bit! Kale- you are lovely, but I am NOT sad to see you go for a week or 2.

In this week's share:

Tuesday, June 21 - Half Share
1 Quart New Red Potatoes - Certified Organic - Green Valley Organics
1 Head Flashy Troutsback Romaine Lettuce - Certified Organic - Life Enhancing Acres
1 Head Broccoli - Certified Organic - Organic Willow Acres
1 Bag Green Beans - Certified Organic - Plum Hill Organics
1 Bunch Fresh Yellow Onions - Certified Organic - Sunrise Ridge Organics
1 Bunch Red Beets - Certified Organic - Farmdale Organics

Tuesday, June 21 - Fruit Share
1 Pint Blueberries - Certified Organic - Little Buck Organics (Sourced from Hammonton, NJ) 
1 Jar Strawberry Jam - Certified Organic - Oak View Acres

I swapped out the lettuce for the pretty cucumber you see below (my favorite!)


I am already planning on making a potato salad tonight and maybe some sauteed green beans. BBQ chicken as a main perhaps??

Whew- it's humid and hot here. Time to grab a big glass of agua and sit in the shade! Have a lovely first day of summer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback! But please, any derogatory, inappropriate, or just plain mean comments will be removed. Thanks!