Thursday, June 9, 2011

JCrew review! Stowaway Dress

Good morning, Heatwave! It's a steamy 85 degrees this morning on the little red deck, and the forecast reads 97 by mid day. Whew! So what's better on a day like today than throwing on a cute sundress to beat the heat?

Last week, I saw the 10 day forecast and decided it was time to preemptively prepare my closet for the heat to come. Remember this pretty dress from JCrew?

Source: jcrew.com via Devon on Pinterest


It's the ultra light and comfy looking Stowaway dress in tropical turquoise. I grabbed an xsmall based on the sizing (xxsmall-xlarge) and headed into the fitting rooms...

So cute!
I could wear this all summer! Right?

WRONG.

Uggggh the dreaded front view. If ONLY the drawstring didn't exist or was a few inches higher :( Maybe if I could hike the skirt up without my booty hanging out even! Sadly, this went back on the rack. (note- I did try on the small, and it was way too baggy. The arm holes were indecent to say the least)

Do drop waist dresses work for ANYONE?

For now, it's back to the iced coffee! Have a lovely morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback! But please, any derogatory, inappropriate, or just plain mean comments will be removed. Thanks!