Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's Snowing!

It's officially our first snowfall! We've had a few flurries here and there, but this time it's actually sticking. In true First State fashion, everyone is freaking out and has forgotten how to drive. So, instead of braving the elements, I'm searching for a new winter coat!

During a trip to NYC with the fam last weekend, I lost 2 buttons on my current coat- a great Guess brown wool number. Short, but warm with great details. For my next coat, I have a few guidelines:

  • Long. Or longER. My last coat showed off the bottom of my long cardis, etc. This time around, I'd like to be completely covered up.
  • Closed collar. I have a gorgeous dress coat from The Limited, but I have to wear 2 scarves to make up for the open neckline.
  • A defined waistline. It's cold, that doesn't mean I have to look like a sack of potatoes!
Pretty simple, but I had a hard time finding some favorites. These might fit the bill though...

winter coats


What do you think? The JCrew and DKNY are about the same in terms of styling, but I like that the DKNY trench comes in a deep hunter green. I'm the queen of neutrals- maybe it's time for some color?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback! But please, any derogatory, inappropriate, or just plain mean comments will be removed. Thanks!