Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spring Break Workout Update!

Just a quick update on my workout progress!

So far, things are moving along. I'm sticking to my plan (yay little blue binder!) and this week, my reps are increasing (I'm using the 8, 10, 12 model). Even better, I got a call from my local YMCA last night- I got into the yoga class I was waitlisted for! I miss doing yoga several times a week. Unfortunately, I just can't afford to go to a studio anymore. My hope is that going to a class 1-2 x a week (that's free for members!) will get me back into the yogi mindset.

The only thing holding me back right now- my Right Hamstring.

Yay for my endless collection of Anatomy pics!

I thought I was suffering a little DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) after doing my leg workout last week. No big, push through it with a recovery work out, a little stretching and self treatment (I don't recommend self treatment unless you know what you're doing though!). A few days later (and a weekend of rest- aka moving), I still couldn't touch my toes comfortably. This is where I brought in the big guns- the boy. Also known as my live in PT/sports performance coach/common sense reminder guy.

"Babe, you have some swelling in there. Let me work on you."

Nooooooooo! (Kubler Ross did say the first stage is Denial, right?)

Needless to say, I know I need help treating this bugger now. And common sense should kick in at some point. But I really like my lower extremity work out :( And I want to do it NOW! It makes me feel badass at the gym- is that so much to ask?

I'm partially writing this so I can remind myself that I do need to change my workout today. And maybe you can help hold me accountable. For now- off to the Y I go! I have a date with some cardio equipment on my agenda today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback! But please, any derogatory, inappropriate, or just plain mean comments will be removed. Thanks!