Friday, February 4, 2011

OPI Axxium Manicure Review

I don't have much time, but I HAVE to share my mani experience from today! I had read a lot about the new "semi permanent" or UV Gel manicures that are out there now. The promises of 2 weeks, no chips sounded too good to be true, but I had to check it out! I work with my hands, so manis are for special occasions only- and they usually last about 2 days. IF I make it out of the salon without smudges.

My local nail salon carries the OPI Axxium line. They had an amazing color selection, but I went in knowing I wanted OPI Ink, my favorite winter dark. The technician did 2 coats of color, but I may go for 3 next time for a deeper saturation.

Here's what my nails look like now (please pardon that they are dry and icky winter hands!)

The Axxium color is pretty true to 2 coats of polish

A little messy around the base of the nail, but ok!
Not bad- especially because following the mani, I did the following:
  • reached into my purse to pay
  • walked home with my hands in my pockets
  • opened the door- greeted a VERY happy little puppy
  • gave Riley a good belly scratch and some snuggles (notice- there is NO dog hair in my mani!)
  • cleaned the kitchen
  • braided my hair
All of this done within an hour IMMEDIATELY after pulling my hands out of the last 2 minute drying cycle.
I'll give a more detailed review later, but so far, I think this is pretty phenomenal. Also, I'll be taking pictures to see what happens over the next 2 wks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback! But please, any derogatory, inappropriate, or just plain mean comments will be removed. Thanks!