Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sushi to Superbowl

Happy Tuesday :)

This weekend was bussssy (apparently, I needed a day to catch up)! The boy and I were a whirlwind, celebrating one of our best friend's 30th birthday. Of course, when you're having fun, time flies. And when time flies, I forget to take pictures :(

Friday was the "local" birthday party- a huge sushi dinner at a fantastic BYOB. For those of you in Northern Delaware, take a drive to check out Masamoto's Asian Grill, just over the boarder in Glen Mills. Exceptionally fresh fish, great entrees, and it's reasonable (yay bringing our own wine!). The boy and I ventured away from our usuals there and were super happy we did. The Pepper Tuna roll with honey mustard was a surprise favorite!

A highlight of the weekend though was a quick trip up to NYC with the birthday girl and her man. Her cousins set up a fantastic evening for us, and I couldn't be more thankful. Amidst meeting new people and enjoying the evening, I managed to snap a few shots with the iPhone.
The bar's speakeasy vibe carried from the entrance (a faux store front reached via a sketchy looking alley) to the decor and drinks. Tea cups instead of glasses, bottles in paper bags, and carpet like wall paper enhanced the 1920's vibe. My personal favorite? They used antique globe stands to hold the ice buckets and teacups :)

Even though the boy and I are sports people, we kept the Super Bowl low key. The couch, our pupster, and a few Crumbs Bakery cupcakes made for the perfect Sunday night.

But now, back to the real world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback! But please, any derogatory, inappropriate, or just plain mean comments will be removed. Thanks!