Friday, May 6, 2011

CSA- sneak peak, week 1!

Yay! CSA Season is here and I can't wait to get my first delivery! I was excited to get the "your pick up location is..." email and just got the surprise of another email telling us what is in our first share!

We elected to go for a half veggie share and will be getting a fruit share starting mid June. Here's what we can expect for the next week:

Tuesday, May 10 - Half Share
1 Bunch Asparagus - Certified Organic - Coyote Run Organics or Autumn Blend Organics
1 Bunch White Scallions - Certified Organic - Friends Road Organics
1 Head Red Leaf Lettuce - Certified Organic - Green Valley Organics
1 Bunch Tatsoi - Certified Organic - Hillside Organics
1 Bunch French Breakfast Radishes - Certified Organic - Green Valley Organics
1 Bunch Red Scallions - Certified Organic - Sweetaire Farmdale Organics
1 Bunch Green Kale - Certified Organic - Autumn Blend Organics

I am most excited for the asparagus!! I love love love it- especially on the grill.
I'm a little more anxious about the tatsoi and kale....I've at least heard of kale, but had to google tatsoi after taking some far ranging guesses. That's why we signed up though! Yeah, it's great to get tried and true veggies, but the fun part is trying new things! I have a few recipes gathered, so hopefully I'll have a great report for Wednesday.

This weekend, our engagement party and Mothers Day! Be nice to your mommy and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback! But please, any derogatory, inappropriate, or just plain mean comments will be removed. Thanks!