Thursday, May 19, 2011

CSA- Week 2!

Hello hello! Week #2 of our CSA is here and I am so excited! We have managed to use up almost all of our week 1 veggies (I shared some with my momma too). Monday night, I made kale for the first time. And loved it! Hopefully, I will see it again in our shares in the near future.

Here's what came in our bag Tuesday:

Tuesday, May 17 - Half Share
1 Bag Arugula - Certified Organic - Farmdale Organics
1 Head Red Leaf Lettuce - Certified Organic - Railroad Organics
1 Bunch Red Scallions - Certified Organic - Sweetaire Farmdale Organics
1 Bunch Asparagus - Certified Organic - Rolling Ridge Farm, Orchard View Organics, Farmdale Organics, or Lancaster Farmacy
1 Bunch Easter Egg Radishes - Certified Organic - Windy Hollow Organics
1 Bunch Baby Sweet Hakurei Turnips - Certified Organic - Autumn Blend Organics
1 Bunch Green or Red Mustard Greens - Certified Organic - Maple Lawn Organics
I've never tackled Turnips or Mustard Greens- but I did pretty well with Tatsoi and Kale, so bring it on!

No picture this week. Riley was being...Riley. Every time I tried to lay the veggies out for a photo shoot, she would attempt to grab the radishes and run....

The asparagus looks SO delicious, and I found the simplest recipe over at Smitten Kitchen for a lemony asparagus salad. My rendition wasn't nearly as pretty as this picture, but it sure was delish!



For lunch, I made up a salad using the red leaf lettuce, arugula, turnips and radishes (with a few cucumber slices tossed in). Can't wait!

Have a sunny Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback! But please, any derogatory, inappropriate, or just plain mean comments will be removed. Thanks!