Tuesday, May 10, 2011

CSA- Week 1!

Yay!! CSA season is here and I am so excited to show you our first haul :)

As I posted earlier, this is what we received:

1 Bunch Asparagus - Certified Organic - Coyote Run Organics or Autumn Blend Organics
1 Bunch White Scallions - Certified Organic - Friends Road Organics
1 Head Red Leaf Lettuce - Certified Organic - Green Valley Organics
1 Bunch Tatsoi (Japanese Spinach) - Certified Organic - Hillside Organics
1 Bunch French Breakfast Radishes - Certified Organic - Green Valley Organics
1 Bunch Red Scallions - Certified Organic - Sweetaire Farmdale Organics
1 Bunch Green Kale - Certified Organic - Autumn Blend Organics

I already snuck a few radishes while packing everything away into the fridge. They are so good! Fresh, crisp, and they have a fabulous spicy finish. I know my farmer's daughter friend, Kemi will kick me when she finds out a threw away the leaves. ooops :(
Remember me being nervous about tatsoi? Look how cute it is!


I have a recipe in mind for tonight...tackle the scary things first!

To top it all off, our CSA pick up site coordinators are the sweetest. I am going to love going every week- veggies AND amazing new friends!

Have you done a CSA or tried any new veggies lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback! But please, any derogatory, inappropriate, or just plain mean comments will be removed. Thanks!