Monday, May 9, 2011

You've Got Mail

Happy Monday!

This weekend, my amazing little sister (and maid of honor!) teamed up with my parents to throw the boy and I a fantastic engagement party. It was wonderful to be surrounded by people we loved on such a pretty Saturday. The menu complimented the Kentucky Derby perfectly (which I think was a happy coincidence) with Tennessee iced tea, fried chicken, pulled pork, lots of salads and red velvet cupcakes. Riley was probably the biggest fan of the cupcakes. She ate 7! (oy.)

The boy and I have not registered yet, but were surprised to receive some lovely gifts from our guests. Immediately, our "wedding etiquette" kicked in and we made an organizational list so we can send thank you notes asap! Over the past 2 months, I've been picking up packs of thank you cards that the boy won't cringe at, but I think it may be time to go custom!

After receiving a note from our newly married friends, I was smitten with the idea of letterpress stationary with our names across the top. I haven't found our perfect match yet, but these are a few ideas...


Source: etsy.com via Devon on Pinterest

Source: etsy.com via Devon on Pinterest


Ideally, I would love to find a local vendor that does stationary- but etsy has some great options too! What do you use for thank you notes or mailed letters?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback! But please, any derogatory, inappropriate, or just plain mean comments will be removed. Thanks!