Thursday, January 20, 2011

Under Armour Women's Heat Gear Rib Tank

More than anything, I prefer doing workouts in sleeveless shirts and tanks. No, it's not "sun's out, guns out" time (haha check out my little arms!), but I prefer having an unrestricted range of motion during yoga, etc.

My second purchase that I am reviewing is the Under Armour Rib Tank from UA's heat gear line. Ready for a few more awkward mirror photo shoots?!


UA Rib Tank- Fits close to the body

From the front!
Fit- UA categorizes this tank as Fitted: "A specialized fit that's not tight, but designed to be very close to the body without the constriction of compression." It's definitely closer to the body (and less forgiving) than Nike's fitted category. The body is cut long again- hitting below the hip. Sorry-it's a little hard to tell since I'm wearing black yoga pants in the picture! The arm holes are cut high, but don't rub, and the low scoop neck is modest while giving a good range of motion. I was wearing a bright blue sports bra and it was completely covered! This tank has a slight racer back cut that allows you to stay covered, but again gives you a great range of motion.


Back View from UA's store



This is a tank and a tank alone with no shelf bra built in. I find this to be a bonus because I hate "double layering" and having 2 bands of elastic around my ribcage. It just feels bulky.

Performance- There's a lot to love about this tank. The Heat Gear material from UA is soft and silky, and this time it's in a unique ribbed texture. Picking this one up off the rack, it looked like it was a cotton "beater", but it couldn't be farther! Something you can't see well on UA's site or in my pictures is the placement of "strategic vents" along the lateral aspect of the back panel. The vents worked well. I stayed cool and comfortable throughout the cardio and core workout I did. One drawback: the long torso bunched up during my cardio routine. Since the body is fitted, it reacted to my body's movements on the elliptical. I felt a little awkward tugging at the hem every few minutes.

Style- In black, this tank looks badass. I felt a little bit like a YMCA ninja coming into the fitness center haha. Since I am early on in my fitness routine, I don't think I would get this in any bright colors until I am fully confident with my body. The indigo and teal colors available truly show every lump and bump due to the close fit. As mentioned before, the tank is cut well to give you range of motion, but still covers you up. Personally, I don't like showing cleavage while doing planks (or the stares you get from the old guys on the bike). That being said, the close cut gave me a little "ooh, I look good" confidence boost.

Value- At under $20, I like it! UA Heat Gear material last a long time and maintains its shape PLUS provides SPF 30+. A great tank for your indoor fitness pursuits and an easy transition to playing outdoors come summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and feedback! But please, any derogatory, inappropriate, or just plain mean comments will be removed. Thanks!